A: It sounds as if your device has suffered serious mechanical failure from overheating. If the device was only powered by the incorrect power cable for a short amount of time, then the damage may not be catastrophic. While full data recovery of all your photos and documents may be unlikely, there is still a good chance that a sizeable proportion be can saved.
If your device has suffered serious physical damage by overheating, burning or mishandling, contact us as soon as possible for a direct quote and free analysis of how much data can likely be restored.
Asked by Chris from London